Health & Safety Policy
Forza Doors Ltd. is a progressive organisation, providing doors, door frames, skirting and veneered panels based on the Star Road Trading Estate, Partridge Green, West Sussex. The board of directors recognise that the health, safety and welfare of employees, visitors, contractor's external stakeholders and the wider community, who may be affected by its operations is of primary importance in the successful conduct of its business. As a minimum standard, the company will meet the requirements of all legal, industry and other adopted standards.
The company strives to maintain best practice seeking continual improvement and innovation within all its activities through the implementation of an Integrated Management System that complies with the British Standard BS OHSAS 18001:2007. This promotes a culture of occupational health & safety protection in all Company systems and procedures, under the direction of the senior management team and with the support of all employees and supply chain partners.
This Policy is signed by the managing Director to demonstrate the Boards' commitment to it. A copy of this policy is posted at all its operational locations and is also available to the public via the Forza Doors website www.forza-doors.com.
We as a company are committed to ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of our employees and the health and safety of other persons who may be affected by the company's activities, acts and emissions and it is our policy to provide:
- Adequate resources to ensure the proper provision for the implementation of the H&S management system compliant with OHSAS 18001:2007, current legislation and adopted guidance.
- Plant, work equipment and systems of work which are safe and without risk to health.
- Arrangements for the safe use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances for use at work.
- Employees with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to enable the employee to ensure his or her health and safety at work and the safety of others that may be affected by their acts or emissions.
- A working environment that is safe and without risks to health, with adequate means of access and egress, and adequate welfare arrangements.
- Arrangements for effective employee consultation regarding health and safety matters.
- Monitoring procedures to maintain agreed standards and ensure that steps are taken to reduce the likelihood of days lost from work related injury and ill health.
- Adequate competent Health and safety personnel to assist in applying the provisions of health and safety law.
- The policy to our customers, suppliers and subcontractors so that they are made aware of the content.
It is the responsibility of the managing director to ensure that the company and its arrangements for implementing this policy are documented in the Forza Doors Health and Safety Manual available at each location. All employees are aware of the company's objectives and ensure that they co-operate with management to enable all legislation to be complied with, take reasonable care of their own health and safety and the health and safety of others who may be affected by their acts or emissions.